Before The Fall Tam
I’m a maniac about hats. Seriously, I’ve made at least 100, if not more, at the time this is published. There’s no way I could possibly count them all, so you’ll just have to take it from me – I love making hats. It’s this love that prompted me to write and eventually publish my first pattern, Heart & Soul, which is my foolproof recipe for making basic hats. Eventually I began to tweak the pattern in my head, adding faux cables to the brim and adding increases to give it some slouch. After many requests, this pattern now joins its companion in published bliss. I hope you enjoy making many of these!
• At least 180 yards of worsted/aran weight yarn (we used Harmony for our original!)
• 2 sets of 16” circular needles – one US 6 and one US 8 (or whatever size you prefer)
• 1 set of dpns in US 8 (or whatever size you plan to use for the body of the hat)
• 1 stitch marker to mark the beginning of the round
• A crochet hook for finishing
• Making differently-sized hats is easy! Easy notes are included for resizing.