The Lazy Diary: Pocket Edition (With Rainbow Pages!)
Want to keep a journal or diary, but never know what to say? Blank pages make your mind go blank too? Want to track your mood or symptoms or just keep track of your days? The Lazy Diary is what you've been looking for.
Originally designed by a very neurodivergent human (hi, that's me, I'm Angela) for personal use, this book is more a spin on the classic British "diary" than the diaries I was familiar with growing up.
It’s less intended to be a record of your inner turmoil and personal revelations than it is more like a daily log book. As someone with a chronic illness, when I put my original version together (using washi tape and sparkly pens, thank you very much) it was mostly meant to be a method of tracking my symptoms. The more I used it the more fun it became, though, and once I added the "Achievements" section...
This pocket edition is the most casual of these volumes - there are no dates, no weekly anythings. You can use it every day for six months and then take two off and come back with no wasted space. Or write religiously every 3 days. Or once a week. Or whenever! I myself am very cyclical with my hobbies and this one is no exception - some days I would simply rather die than think any more than absolutely necessary. Without pre-printed dates, there’s no guilt or wasted space - just pick up where you left off, whenever you feel like it.
There are other, larger versions of this book that are a bit more formal and structured, but I wanted there to be a version for those (like myself) who find anything that must be done daily to be, frankly, intimidating.
This pocket edition of The Lazy Diary features:
- 100 pages, each with 2 entry boxes for 200 entries total
- A place to record a daily doodle (or colorful scribble) about the weather and another for your mood
- A place to record the soundtrack of your day - be it podcast, audiobook, the latest Bleachers album, the 6th season of Big Brother, or the sound of the rain hitting your window. I've found that when I can associate the media I consumed on a given day with the things I DID on that day, I have an easier time remembering!
- A section for daily ACHIEVEMENTS! I personally give myself a sticker for everything, even if some days all I get is one that says "survived".
- Handy-dandy tips from the author (me) on how I use my Lazy Diary and additional ideas for your own personal spin!
- Dedicated pages for holidays & birthdays as well as a page for your most important contact numbers in the event of an emergency
- Additional blank list pages in the back so you can make notes on the things that are important for YOU to keep track of long-term.
- Full-color pages in a 90's-inspired rainbow of colors!
There's more where that came from - please visit Thistledew Press' author page to see our full collection, including this book in a variety of other sizes in both hard & soft cover editions.
(The Amazon button on this page will take you to the listing for the 5.5x8.5 hardcover edition of this book. The rest of the versions can be found at their respective links in the following list:
Some things to note:
- The photos shown here are may be pixelated as they are low-res versions of the ones used in the printing process. Your book will obviously be printed with the full-scale images.
- This book can only be purchased through Amazon - please use the link provided to purchase it using your Amazon account, or visit our author page to see the full collection.
- Fulfillment of these items and any corresponding support needed is handled exclusively by Amazon, not by MGY. All correspondence regarding any book orders, including order confirmation & shipping details, will come from Amazon.